Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Who Would Hire This Man?

Happy Hump Day, Friends,

I've really enjoyed the Democratic National Convention for the past two days. It's had lots of inspiring speeches, a few excellent and entertaining musical performances, and the two three-hour live TV extravaganzas were remarkably smooth.

History was made yesterday when Hillary Clinton became the first woman ever nominated for president by a major party.

And it was virtually impossible not to like First Laddy nominee Bill Clinton's keynote address about his and Hillary's history together.

The Democratic convention in Philadelphia has been extremely upbeat and optimistic. Contrast that with the darkness of the GOP's Cleveland Trump coronation.

Every important Democrat has either turned out for their convention, or sent a message in support of Hillary Clinton.

None of their Republican counterparts showed up for Trumpfest, and many of the party endorsements he does have are lukewarm at best.

The Democrats have had no problems rolling out an A+ list of celebrities to speak and/or perform for Hillary. Trump had Scott Baio.

Believe it or not, I have three good friends who are absolute GOP wingnuts. Two of them constantly send me right wing propaganda that's been widely debunked, but they've fallen for it hook, line, and sinker.

They still suspect the president of being a secret Muslim who was born in Kenya.

One of them bet me that President Obama will declare martial law and suspend the presidential election. I win the dinner of my choice at any restaurant I choose if America goes to the polls on time.

Who do you think might win this one?

I forgive them for their crazy beliefs because they are genuinely good people who've always been extremely nice to me, but they've completely drunk the Kool-aid.

I got an email yesterday from one of them arguing that Trump is the savior that our country's been yearning for. Wow. Thank God for another son!

All three of these people are in Trump's demographic...angry older white folks. Go figure.

Well, no I've never worked in this business before. Uh no, I haven't taken the time to
learn about your company. Hell, I don't even know what you sell. What? I'm hired?
Wow, you're a lot dumber than I thought you were.
Here's the question I have for these well-experienced Americans and all their compatriots who support a complete charlatan for president:

If you owned a business, would you hire someone to run it who has no experience?

You would? No, you wouldn't.

Running for president is a job interview with the American public, and each one of us is Chairman of the Board.

We need to make a smart decision, not an emotional one.

Trump has never held any government position. He knows nothing about what it actually takes to run a YUGE not-for-profit operation and even says he doesn't care to learn about it.

Of all the candidates running for president (including Gary Johnson and Jill Stein), Trump has the fewest actual qualifications to be the country's top government official. He's not a general manager. He's a wheeler dealer.

He's also demonstrated that his temperament is too unstable and immature to be commander-in-chief of the world's most-powerful military and have his finger on the nuclear trigger.

We know how he responds when someone criticizes him. He destroys them. Ironically, three people he has praised are Vladimir Putin, Kim Jung Un, and Saddam Hussein--three of democracy's great role models.

Here's what Trump would tell you in an interview for a job that puts your life in his hands, "Well, I have no experience, but I know more than the generals do, and I talk to myself for advice. I'll make the country great again because I say I will. How? I'll tell you that later."

I'm not sure who I'll hire yet, but I know who I won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment