Wednesday, November 9, 2016

The End

Dear Friends,

The American people have spoken, and we've hired a divisive and inexperienced outsider for the world's most important job.

I blew the call. No excuses.

Our sage electorate has shown the world that America has dumbed itself down to the point where our country can no longer claim to be its beacon of hope and freedom with a straight face.

It's now quite clear that our broken politics fly in the face of reason and logic.

This is my last post.

I'd rather spend my remaining years on earth in a state of blissful ignorance than to pay any more attention--or give any more of my precious time--to the cesspool that American politics has become.

If we've set ourselves on a path to our own destruction, so be it. Our behavior deserves the consequences.

One small bright spot is Nevada...the state I love. All the candidates and initiatives that I supported were victorious here.

Otherwise, our national politics are in a state of shambles.

So, in closing, Friends, I'd like to say goodbye to you quoting Edward R. Murrow--perhaps early TV's most famous journalist.

Dearest Friends, goodbye and good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment