Friday, August 26, 2016

I Have Three Questions for Hillary Clinton

Friday's here, Friends,

We're fewer than 75 days away from the Presidential election, and it's boiled down to a nasty personal fight between the two major party candidates with two minor party candidates quietly gaining some traction.

At 5% and slowly rising, The Green party's Jill Stein has virtually no chance.

But Libertarian Gary Johnson is now polling at a consistent 10% with about a month to gain the additional 5% he needs to appear on the national debate stage with Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.

This, according to the candidate, is what he needs to make his candidacy viable. Without Johnson in the three debates, he freely admits his run for President would be through.

The discourse between the two major-party nominees has settled into to a slingfest over which one is a bigot. My money is on Trump.

But that doesn't make Hillary Clinton a better candidate.

Trump frightens me more than Barry Goldwater, who I barely remember except for a few vivid images.

I do remember how terrifying it was as a second grader practicing ducking under my school desk to "protect" myself from a thermonuclear explosion.

Duck, cover, and smile while you're being  turned into a pile of cinders. I remember
well having to do this, and, 'buhlieve' me,  you don't ever want to live through it again.
Vote carefully, my Friends.

They probably should have been teaching us instead how to put our heads far enough between our knees to kiss our butts goodbye.

But I digress only because I really believe we are whistling past the graveyard as we nonchalantly face an existential choice in November--as the world literally teeters on the edge of World War III.

Trump is so unstable, he could easily get us all annihilated. He is not the steady hand we need in the Oval Office.

But is Hillary any better?

Not where things stand now.

I can't vote for Donald Trump under any circumstances. He is a virtual parody of the worst presidential candidate anyone could conjure up.

But I see a slight chance of being able to vote for Hillary Clinton--if she can give me genuine and satisfactory answers to the following three questions:

How did you get so rich as a public servant?

What did you say in your speeches to Goldman Sachs? And,

Why should I trust you?

Short of that, I'm still looking at other options. And so are millions of other Americans.


No comments:

Post a Comment