Monday, August 29, 2016

Plouffe Calls Trump a "Psychopath"

Good morning, Friends,

President Obama's former campaign manager, David Plouffe, just made me look like a genius.

Back on August 4th, I posted a link to a blog from Psych Central on my WorldsBestPundit Facebook page, which I hope you'll visit if you haven't already. And I made a pretty big deal about it in my own post that day.

The Psych Central blogpost is called "Six Reasons We Can't Spot a Psychopath in Our Midst,"  and I highly recommend reading it, especially if you're considering voting for Donald Trump.

Yesterday on "Meet the Press," Plouffe called Trump "a psychopath." When host Chuck Todd asked Plouffe on what expertise he based his opinion, Plouffe started rattling off the scientific description referenced in my post.

You're welcome.

Now, I hope the Democrats don't back down.

Psych Central didn't write their blog with regard to any political contest. It's just a completely non-biased scientific paper.

But if you read the seven-point definition of a psychopath and Donald Trump doesn't pop into your head for at least six of seven of them, you've either got a serious reading comprehension problem, or you love the guy so much you don't give a hoot about his psychological health.

Look at this face. It could NEVER be the face of a psychopath!
No wait. I'm actually being sarcastic (and using the word correctly).
I'm going to make it easy for you. You don't even have to click on the links above. Here are the seven characteristics verbatim from Psych Central:

1. Failure to obey laws and norms
2. Lying and manipulating to profit or amuse themselves
3. Impulsive behavior
4. Irritability and aggression
5. Disregard of the safety of self and others
6. A pattern of irresponsibility
7. Lack of guilt or remorse

As I said on August 4th, one of the candidates clearly fits the description, and it takes only four of the seven traits to be a psychopath.

David Plouffe was right on the money about Trump.

The problem is this: successful psychopaths are really good at what they do--manipulate.

Half of the American electorate, as I posted earlier, has an IQ of 100 or less, making that bloc of people susceptible to manipulation.

Of course, 'plain speaking' Trump panders to them.

If there is any upside to the scenario, it's this. Trump seems to resonate mainly with non-college educated white voters, and there are not enough of them to win a general election in a rapidly browning America.

Thank God for diversity.

No comments:

Post a Comment