Sunday, August 14, 2016

Quit Peeing on My Leg and Telling Me It's Raining

Dear Friends,

I am sick and tired of these two major party candidates telling me that I didn't see and hear what I just saw and heard.

Both Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump do it all the time.

I know what I heard from FBI Director James Comey. He didn't say that Hillary was being honest with the American people. He didn't say that she was just doing what all other secretaries of state had done.

But Donald Trump absolutely takes the cake.

This morning, his campaign manager Paul Manafort had the unmitigated chutzpah to double down that his boss never implied, at a Wilmington, N.C. rally last week, that 2nd Amendment supporters use their guns to take out Hillary. And there was something wrong with anyone who heard The Donald's remarks that way.

This, despite the fact that even ardent supporters in attendance, who still plan on voting for Trump, say that's what they heard.

This, despite the fact that I was watching the speech myself, and my jaw positively dropped when I heard his dangerous remarks.

But this was not even the Trump campaign's biggest lie last week. Trump started out the week calling President Obama the founder of ISIS and Hillary the co-founder. This went on  at Trump rallies for two days.

Does anyone doubt that if this were 1816 rather than 2016, this is what a Donald
Trump rally would look like?
He refused to take several lifelines offered to him by conservative radio talk show host Hugh Hewitt, who gave him ample opportunity to say he was being metaphorical.

Instead, Trump said he meant what he said literally.

No he didn't. The very next day, he backed off the claim and said he was being "sarcastic." and anyone could tell that. More pee on my leg.

I suggest Mr. Trump look up the definition of sarcasm. Here's an example: "Donald Trump would be a PHENOMENAL president,

That's sarcasm.

If Trump meant he was being 'facetious', here's something he needs to know. The President of the United States of America can't be facetious or sarcastic. It could get us all incinerated.

How can this man, who is supposed to "tell it like it is," keep spreading complete crap around, then backtrack on it and maintain any support?

He's allegedly such a straight shooter.

Simple. He makes eager loyalists believe they didn't hear what they heard. Just what Paul Manafort was doing this morning on CNN.

And The Donald has succeeded in doing that with millions of voters who'd almost rather die than back away from this snake oil salesman, along with those who are more tepid but would never vote anything but Republican...period.

I'm afraid the former group is hopeless. They're hardcore.

I have two words for the latter: Gary Johnson.

No comments:

Post a Comment