Sunday, April 24, 2016

Bernie Exits Gracefully

Good Sunday morning, Friends,

I just watched Bernie Sanders' exit interview on Meet the Press, and it was an emotional experience. He's now pretty much conceded that the math is impossible for him.

Bye bye everybody. I gave it the old college try but it turns out
I couldn't get enough poor people to vote for their own interests.
A massive win for The Bern is not going to happen on the northeast's Super Tuesday in two days, and that means the path to nomination, even with a YUGE win in California later, is virtually gone.

My heart hopes I'm so wrong about this, but my head tells me that Hillary Clinton is now almost certain to be the Democratic nominee.

Bernie's interview with Chuck Todd showed the candidate to be in a somber mood, but he reiterated most of his talking points, including this shocker: "Twenty Americans own more of the country's wealth than the bottom 150 million."

That's right; twenty--T-W-E-N-T-Y!

How can anyone say that is not absolutely obscene?

I can't see anything better happening to the middle class under either Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump, but again I hope I'm wrong.

I've said from day one that Trump would be the Republican nominee, but I never thought he could be President of the United States.

I don't believe that most of the millions of young people Bernie Sanders has brought into the Democratic tent will make any effort at all to vote for Hillary. They have no allegiance to her or affinity for her.

If most mainstream Republicans hold their noses and vote for Trump, and there's a low voter turnout because young voters stay home, Donald Trump will be our next president.

Again, I hope I'm wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment