Friday, April 1, 2016

Better Call Slippin' Hill

Hi from the road Friends,

We're just hours away from our new home in Las Vegas, and decided to pull in for the night in Wells, NV, about 365 miles away. Tomorrow will be day three, and our two kitties are making it throught the trip okay. We should arrive at our new address by late afternoon.

My wife and I have stayed pretty much away from each other's throats, though we've had our moments. And despite a missed turn in Idaho today, and a few hairy moments making a u-turn and getting back into the left lane of Interstate 84, which has a speed limit of 80, the drive has gone well.

On this April Fool's Day, Donald Trump actually seems to be behind Ted Cruz in Wisconsin. He may very well lose there on Tuesday, thanks to former presidential candidate Governor Scott Walker backing Cruz. It doesn't matter, Trump will still win the nomination handily.

If you need a lawyer, don't call me. You'd better call Hill. No, on
second thought, you'd better call me.

I wanted to take a moment to talk about this attorney I know. As with most lawyers, this particular attorney has the reputation for flat out telling people anything they want to hear. But unlike other many other lawyers, this one simply tells flagrant lies when the situation so dictates.

Sound familiar? Perhaps.

This attorney was known in the past to pull so many shenanigans earning him the nickname of Slippin' Jimmy.

Many of you may know I'm talking about Jimmy McGill, better known as Saul Goodman of Better Call Saul and formerly Breaking Bad, two of my favorite TV shows ever.

It occurred to me that there's another attorney who's earned the Slippin' moniker. This one is also in politics and she's slippin' in so many different ways. Slippin' Hill is not only slipping in momentum to Bernie Sanders, but she's slipping in the national polls, which show Sanders beating her.

It doesn't help her cause that it came out today she's accepted millions in campaign contributions from representatives of the oil and gas industry.

I've stuck with Sanders as my prediction for Democratic nominee since the very beginning and when most of the other pundits said he was through.

I think I'm looking more correct every day, and Sanders will be winning Wisconsin on Tuesday and New York on April 19.

No April Fools.

No comments:

Post a Comment