Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Loser Cruz to Make Big Announcement

Happy Wednesday, Friends,

Just as I predicted two days ago, Donald Trump had a YUGE night last night, sweeping all five primaries with double-digit leads over his runners up.

Bernie Sanders's results in the closed primaries were pretty dismal, as I also forecast yesterday, with the candidate winning only the open Rhode Island primary.

In this contest, Bernie's ability to pull in Independent voters was proven again and should give the Democratic party some pause.

But the math for Bernie has become virtually impossible, after Hillary Clinton won the other four primaries; three by double-digit margins.

He is now reassessing the direction of his campaign, which has enough money to stay in until the end but will probably be focused more on policy and less on winning the nomination.
Okay, so I don't want to be wearing this later today, but what fun is
being a pundit if you can't make a crazy prediction every once in awhile?

Meanwhile, Cruz and Kasich were absolutely trounced by Trump. He is now calling himself the presumptive nominee, and rightly so.

It's now become an open secret that Trump's rivals are running out of funds, and Indiana will be their last stand if Trump wins there on Tuesday.

He's anted up some real money on this one knowing how important it's become.

Trump's highly-anticipated scripted foreign policy speech, for which he's using a teleprompter, was set several days ago for this afternoon.

But Cruz tried to steal today's narrative this morning, holding an early news conference to announce that he has an announcement to make this afternoon at 4 p.m. EDT. Wow.

So here's what I think it is: I believe that Cruz will announce Marco Rubio's endorsement. Rubio is going to pledge his 100 or so unbound delegates to Cruz this afternoon, and he'll appear with Cruz in person to announce it.

I'm really sticking my neck out on this one, but when you're a pundit that's what you do.

For Cruz, it'll be a nice gesture but too little too late. Trump has a lock on the nomination, and I'm not sticking my neck out here.

I hope I'm right about Cruz's announcement. Making predictions is fun, but I hate having egg on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment