Friday, April 8, 2016

What Are New York Values, Ted?

Good evening, Friends,

I grew up in Teaneck, NJ, less than five miles from Manhattan, and my dad always worked in New York City. I think I have New York Values, and I'm damn proud of them.

My values clash with those of Ted Cruz because I'm a liberal Democrat and would never vote for him. I'll also put my secular humanist values up against his any time.

But I also agree with well-known commentator and Jewish lawyer Jeffrey Toobin that 'New York Values' have always been code for an anti-Semitic slam,

Ted Cruz has gone over the top in trying to prove that he loves Israel and the Jews:
just not so much if they live in the United States
Does this mean  Cruz is anti-Semitic? 

Well, it depends on what you mean by that.

Ted Cruz is definitely a strong supporter of Israel. But Evangelical Christians like Ted have an ulterior motive. Their End of Days belief that all Jews must return to Israel before The Rapture can happen requires that Israel survive.

It also means that all the Jews will have to die, and this might be considered a little anti-Semitic.

I can tell you first-hand that Israelis' attitude toward the Ted Cruzes of this world is that they don't trust them one iota, but they'll accept their much-needed money. 

I believe the values of New York that Cruz disdains so much are espoused mainly by liberal Jewish Democratic politicians, like dare I say, Bernie Sanders?

If Cruz doesn't actually dislike Jews, his gross attempts to pander to New York Jewish groups show him to be what Donald Trump calls him, and I don't need to repeat it.

If there is a God, I don't think he'd let Ted Cruz be president.

No comments:

Post a Comment