Sunday, October 23, 2016

The End Is Near

It won't be long now, Friends,

I voted yesterday.

I got one of these stickers yesterday, and I was proud to be one of the first early voters in
Nevada. I'm not going to even try and be funny in this caption. I just wanted to remind you,
"Don't waste your vote!"

It was the first day of early voting here in Nevada, and I got to the polling place at a nearby Albertson's supermarket about an hour after it opened.

The line was long--hundreds of people and growing.

And the buzz was all about how horrible Donald Trump was and how Hillary wasn't a really great option.

But the dozen or so people around me had turned out early on a Saturday morning to vote for her...as had I.

And though the line moved quickly, it took a good 45 minutes for me to just get out of the already hot sun and inside the air conditioned building, let alone into the voting booth.

But the hour I spent on line yesterday morning was well worth it. Especially since I didn't waste my vote.

This post is really a message to all of those "never Trump" voters out there who also simply can't vote for Hillary Clinton.

If you vote for anyone else on the ballot besides her, the 'inconvenient truth' is that you're voting for Donald Trump.

I'm going to keep the message that simple for this Sunday morning.

If you're serious about keeping a narcissistic psychopath out of the Oval Office, you have one choice.

It's the old adage come to life, "if you're not for her, you're against her."

A vote for anyone else but Hillary Clinton helps Donald Trump, and he simply must be stopped--and stopped decisively--if we want any kind of national healing over the next four years.

If the election is close, we're in for a firestorm, starting with a painful contest in the courts. And that's the last thing we need after finally beginning to see the light of day following the worst economic debacle since the Great Depression.

Let's give ourselves a break. We deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment