Thursday, October 20, 2016

Trump Loses, I'm the Winner

The debates are over, Friends,

Donald Trump showed what a self-centered little child he was last night. We now know this election is all about his vanity. He announced that if he doesn't like the results, he won't accept them.

This is antithetical to our Democracy and not only poses a threat to our nation but also destabilizes an already dangerous world.

Since when do we nominate major-party candidates who don't care about the sacred conventions of our democracy? Whose ego is so enormous that it's more important than the world's stability?

Aside from an awkward pivot away from the content of her hacked emails to the Russian espionage that caused them to see the light of day, Hillary had a near-perfect debate performance.

For the first 35 minutes, so did The Donald. But he started coming off the rails when Chris Wallace began a line of questioning about Trump's temperament. Then, the maniac came out.

This about says it all.
It was all downhill from there for him.

By the end of the debate, Trump looked like Alec Baldwin doing an impression of Trump doing an impression of Alec Baldwin doing an impression of Trump.

Saturday Night Live writers will have a really easy job for this week's show.

He actually interrupted Hillary and called her "such a nasty woman" for making a minor point on his Social Security plans that ruffled his sensitive feathers.

Again, as in debate number two, I know what I saw, and Trump lost..."biggly."

He came across as a nasty old man in complete denial of his own demeanor. He doubled down that nine women accusing him of sexual assault are lying--one of whom has seven witnesses.

He made no inroads into expanding his support beyond his rabid base.

Hillary did exactly what she needed to do and smoothed the path to her now near-certain election.
She was last night's winner, but so was I.

The premise of this blog is that you read it here and then see it in the news. It can show up in the media even a couple of months after I write it.

And I can, in all modesty, say that the vast majority of my predictions have been dead on, and they've shown up in the media. Today, one of them from last summer is a front page story.

Back in mid August, I posted that Trump had no real desire to be President. He was in the race to whip together a reliable audience and promote his new Alt Right news empire.

I invite you to read the front page of The New York Times this morning. Thank you NYT.

I also blasted Donald Trump on Twitter, calling him a "whiner" and telling him to man up. That was on Monday. The President repeated my line on Tuesday, and last night so did Hillary.

I pumped my fist and yelled "YES!" when that happened.

I have written 240 posts before today's, which was ironically the same as the age of our great nation. Self-absorbed Donald Trump doesn't care if this country makes it to 241, but I have personally reached that milestone.

And I hope the prediction in my 241st post is my most solid and keeps my record of accuracy intact: Donald Trump will lose this election, and he'll lose it 'big time'. Buhlieve me.

No comments:

Post a Comment