Friday, October 14, 2016

World's Biggest Phonies--Evangelical Trumpsters

A Friday morning thought, Friends,

I used to like Dr. Ben Carson.

Though I didn't agree with virtually any of what he said politically, I thought he was accomplished, intelligent, and an awfully nice guy.

Now, I'm not so sure about the latter two, and I'm starting not to like him very much. What's worse, I no longer respect him.

Despite an absolute deluge of evidence (including his own confession), that Donald Trump is something that should shock any person of faith--an active sexual predator--Carson is still behind the GOP nominee.

Though he rationalizes why he stands by Trump, the truth is, it's purely for political expediency.

Dr. Carson is just further evidence to me of a law of nature I learned the hard way after living in the Bible Belt for 23 years, "The bigger the Bible thumper, the fewer the scruples."

I was slapped in the face by this axiom for the first time when I was a poor young TV reporter living in Raleigh, N.C.

Shopping for a doublewide mobile home to live in (which was all I could afford at the time), I spotted one I liked at one of the many dealerships lining the Eastern and Southern approaches to North Carolina's capital city.

The sales manager was an exuberant erstwhile itinerant Baptist preacher who actually had a Bible sitting on his dashboard. He was a big burly tree trunk of a man; slicked back hair and squeaky clean--a man of God...and a total thief.

I'll cut to the chase. He absconded with my cash downpayment and those of several others, which amounted to many thousands of dollars. And that was a lot of money 35 years ago.

Two State Bureau of Investigation agents came knocking on my door a few days after I had given this man my hard-earned cash, wanting to know if I had any knowledge of his whereabouts.

Though I had a contract, I was screwed. The dealership's owner wasn't going to honor the stolen funds.

It all worked out for me after several months of complete hassle, but many incidents like this one have recurred over the years and corroborated the Bible thumper principle. Remember Jim Bakker?

Now, Ben Carson--true to form--is reaffirming it. And he's got a lot of company.

Remember me? I was a famous film director. Then I slept
with a teenage girl, and I've been on the run for 35 years. I'm
thinking about 'running' for President in 2020.
Take Jerry Falwell, Jr. Yesterday, members of his student body at the Evangelical Christian Liberty University--founded by his father--openly revolted against Junior's continued backing of  the morally bereft Trump. At least a few hundred of the many thousands of students at Liberty University still have some integrity.

At my count, seven women have come forward so far, corroborating Trump's self-accusations of sexual assault. But the most religious of his supporters, including running mate Mike Pence, are still solidly behind him.

This is so ironic since these are usually the first people to shrink and flee from any hint of sexual impropriety. Now, their champion is the King of Deviance, and his C.V. includes allegedly raping a 13-year-old girl. In other words--pedophilia.

Trump will have to answer to those charges in federal court on December 16th, but you're not hearing much about it because many important people are tangentially tainted by this scandal. This includes Bill Clinton, Alan Dershowitz, England's Prince Andrew, and even Stephen Hawking.

Fortunately for us, but not for Trump, he is not only accused by the victim but also by an eyewitness who has already testified under oath that Trump raped the 13-year-old repeatedly.

So, here's to the Rapist-in-Chief. May you and all your so-called 'people of God' get exactly what's coming to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment