Sunday, March 27, 2016

Cruz Using My Material is Sleazy

Welcome to the bold new week Friends,

Yesterday turned out to be one hell of a day on the road. The MGB started right up, so I pulled into the Circle K across the street to gas up.

I got back in and turned the key...nothing.

To make a long story short, my 45-year-old baby needed a new starter, and I got to spend a really wonderful day in Oklahoma City with a tow-truck driver and good ol' boy named Dwayne...who after towing me to a recommended mechanic who treated him shabbily for not putting my car in the right spot, decided to fix my car himself.

It turned out, Dwayne was a really fine mechanic who's restored more than 35 vehicles, several of which have won awards around the country. He determined I needed a new starter, and managed to have one delivered to the local O'Reilly Auto parts for me.

We had to wait several hours for it to arrive, and Dwayne and I spent hours looking through his massive collection of cool stuff: cars, trucks, bikes and birds (exotic and very verbal).

After spending most of his Saturday with me and my ailing ride, he had me back on the road before 3 p.m. He wanted to charge virtually nothing for his services. I didn't let that happen, and we were both extremely happy when I left--that is, until I hit a blizzard at dusk just west of Amarillo.

Near zero visibility forced me off the road in a little town with a motel called Vega, TX. And here I sit this morning, writing from the Bonanza Motel.

With a 42-in.brand new flatscreen with DirecTV and 200+ hi-def channels, a hot shower and comfy California King, it turned out to deserve the name.

But Lyin' Ted deserves a different one.
Shhh! There's even more about us that you don't know
yet. But please don't tell Donald Trump 


In Friday's post. I used the adjective "sleazy" to describe the way the top two GOP candidates are trying to frame each other's marriage. Each is trying to one-up the other on just how sleazy their respective marriages are.

This morning, and mind you no one else in media has used the term because they don't have the same journalistic latitude of my blog, Ted Cruz has co-opted my word.

Look, I know I'm just a blogger, and I know that as of this morning I have just 2,100+ readers, but Ted, if you're going to use my material, at least give me some props.

Bernie, the same goes for you. In your Seattle speech on Friday, you used three of my lines verbatim.

Though I'm extremely flattered you're paying attention, you guys should give credit where credit is due.

No comments:

Post a Comment