Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Time to Call the Monster What It Is

Good morning from Las Vegas Friends,

As voting proceeds in the half dozen or so states that comprise Second Super Tuesday, it looks as if my predictions of a Donald Trump sweeping victory, and the attrition of Marco Rubio and John Kasich, will become reality.

This could also be a very good day for Bernie Sanders.

The latter, I believe, moves the American political discourse forward and is a good thing. The former is ominous.

Donald Trump, despite what he or his sycophants tell the media, is a very dangerous man. He makes people feel better by pandering to their anger and frustration, and encouraging them to vent those demons by physically attacking their fellow countrymen.

There is no place for this in American politics or in America for that matter.

When Trump talks of loving whomever he attacks after attacking them, a large number of his followers don't hear the 'love' part of his message, only the attack. Then, Trump tells them he'd like to see someone punched in the face, and his most obsequious followers do it.

Trump also has those attending his massive rallies take a loyalty oath to vote for him.

This is very scary stuff, Friends, and it's an awful lot like what was happening in Germany in the late 1930's.

That's right! I never said anything like what you're saying I said, and if you keep
saying I said what I didn't say, I'll kill you...and I didn't say that.
Oh that Adolph, he seemed like a nice enough guy. He really made me laugh,  and when he spoke, God, he really gave me chills. And that damned jeweler my family's been buying from since great grossmutter was a kleine kinder has been ripping me off for four generations now. Smashing his storefront window is what he deserved. At least that's what Adolph said last night.

It's time to stop calling Donald Trump, 'The Donald'. It makes him seem somehow warm, cute and cuddly.

It's time to start calling the monster exactly what it is...horrific.


Inciting Americans to shamelessly attack their neighbors, then denying doing such a thing, is indicative of several character traits, none of which is flattering.

My guess is that Trump knows exactly what he's doing, and his campaign is a cynical manipulation of the lowest element of the American electorate, simply to get himself nominated.

I would bet that a Trump presidency would look a lot less like candidate Trump, and a lot more like the first American royal family with a somewhat beneficent dictator at the helm.

I hope we never get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment