Thursday, February 18, 2016

In Desperation, Hillary Blames Flagging Support on Gender

Good Thursday Friends,

I woke up this morning to a Vogue Magazine interview with Hillary Clinton, in which she said something that seems to be the genesis of what she's going to be using as her excuse for losing the Democratic nomination to Bernie Sanders.

Hillary told Vogue that she believes the country may not be ready for a woman president.

Now this is a curious thing to say for a candidate who anticipates a win. It can only be an excuse for losing, and it takes the responsibility for that loss off of her.

Being the best candidate who lost because of something she couldn't control will be her way of accepting what happened while, in truth, denying what happened.

I spend so much time at these inquiries. I bet if I were president they would stop.

But more significantly, it indicates to me that Hillary does now at least on some level expect to lose. I agree with her.

But I don't agree that it's because the country's not ready for a woman president. We're just not ready for her.

In the same interview, Secretary Clinton mentioned how bad she was at promoting herself and how difficult it was for her to do it. It comes across...as insincerity.

And 'sincerity' is a quality for which Hillary loses big to Bernie Sanders--that and honesty. It's not because she's a woman.

I think the country is ready for any really solid candidate regardless, obviously, of race. And, sorry Hillary, regardless of gender,


No comments:

Post a Comment