Friday, February 12, 2016

To Everything, There Is a Season

Happy Friday Friends,

First of all, I want to thank the many of you who are reading my blog and invite you to comment on it freely. I promise I'l personally reply to every one I receive (until that wonderful day they become too overwhelming), and I will always be respectful of your point of view.

Most people who know me, know that my favorite saying is, "Trees are overrated."

Trees kill more people each year than heart attacks, cancer and car accidents combined!
My second is, "Timing is everything."

You can be the most talented person in the world, but if you appear on the scene at the wrong time, the world will probably never find out about it. I've seen this over and over again in my lifetime. I have examples of it in my close family.

Everything in this world is a matter of timing.

Take the presidential race. There are many  talented people in it. On the Democratic side, both candidates are extremely competent individuals, and the breadth of knowledge and experience of the party's presumed nominee is nothing if not stunning.

But Hillary Clinton's timing is off. She's a great candidate--for a different era.

Even if you could strip Hillary of all her other negatives, what she's selling right now is not what the folks want to buy.

Frankly, there's not much Hillary can do to change anything about herself. Most of the electorate have grown up with her around and have a well-formed opinion of her.

The way I see it, unless she pulls off a miracle by really resonating with the electorate like Bernie Sanders has, Hillary's got real problems.

But just like you can't fix stupid, you can't fix timing either.

No comments:

Post a Comment