Friday, February 5, 2016

Sanders Reads My Blog!

Dearest Friends,

Okay, I'm not the most modest person, but I'm about a hundred notches below Donald Trump. Anyway, I'm about to give myself a big pat on the back. I've got to believe that Bernie Sanders is reading my blog.

Why do I say this? Because in last night's Democratic Debate of the Century, Bernie used the headline from January 31's post almost verbatim in a retort to Hillary Clinton. The headline was "Experience No Doubt, But Where's the Judgment?" And the blog was about the topic they were debating at that moment.
Oh yeah, well you had more experience than Obama did too. Where'd that get you?
If you watched the debate you'll recall it. Hillary was pounding Bernie over her vast experience and his lack thereof, and her readiness to do the job on Day 1. Then he pulled out the line.

I was sitting there watching the escalating slugfest when it dropped.  My reaction was kind of, "Holy crap! I wrote that line a couple of days ago!"

Now either Bernie and I think alike, which is entirely possible, or perhaps some of his staff is responsible for reading everything that's written about him, then giving him the good stuff to use. Then there's the minute possibility that Bernie's actually reading this!

I know I'm just flattering myself, but it's kind of fun to think about. And on a relatively quiet morning in the world of presidential politics, with the Trump/Cruz feud on hold again, and an otherwise great debate being hashed and rehashed by the news outlets ad nauseum, I thought I'd just write something light today.

Thanks for indulging me, and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment